Velvet Talk Management is currently looking for bright people to fill the following positions.
Marketing Director (London, Toronto or New York)
- Developing, collecting, analyzing and reporting various marketing metrics (growth in brand awareness, website traffic, client satisfaction, etc.)
- Serving as a focal point for the creation, collection and development of strategic and creative marketing ideas that can add value throughout the organization and especially for our clients (as such, you must be able to think of marketing in both narrow and broad terms)
- Maintaining and advancing the content and functionality of website content in conjunction with internal and external technical staff
- Using social media, article marketing and public speaking to generate targeted leads for the sales department!
You should have a solid record in digital marketing plus some significant exposure to marketing research. You must have founded or co-founded your own profitable company at some point and/or built traffic on a website or blog from nothing to over 250,000 unique visitors monthly.
You must have a degree in marketing, very preferably from a top-ranked university, and be able to deliver compelling public presentations.
Sales Consultant (New York or Toronto)
- Contacting prospective clients by phone, email and mail
- Attending relevant conferences and networking events
- Using social media networks and other online resources to generate contact lists
- Identifying opportunities to add value to existing client relationships
- Writing professional proposals
- Providing assistance to internal teams when needed
- Attaining revenue goals!
You should have a demonstrably large business contact list (e.g. 2000+ Linkedin contacts), be presentable as a consultant and be willing to work very very hard. A degree in humanities (English, drama, etc.), 5+ years experience in a consultative sales role and active membership in at least one official team sport would be considered strong assets.
Application Notes For All Positions:
- Our standards are high. Please do not apply without the requisite qualifications stated above.
- All applications must include the following:
1. a discussion of how you react to rude restaurant wait staff
2. an explanation of an ethical dilemma that you have previously faced and how you dealt with it.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and answers in PDF format to
Please note that we appreciate interest from all qualified applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.